2019. február 24., vasárnap

Fresh start

So there was this weird thought a couple of years ago (because a lot of things I read in English about education) that I might have a blog - or maybe only a section in my already existing one - in English.

Maybe now is the time to start it.*

And why now? There are a few reasons I have in my mind...

  1. First of all I need some opportunities to practice my English - about my profession.
  2. I have some great experiences from the last 10 years and at least the half of those came from other - mostly English speaking - sources.

And all the others are kind of "equally third" - perhaps dangerously honest:

  • English helps me in the so called "out-of-the-box" thinking. Everybody knows that if you change between languages you actually speak well, your personality changes with it a bit. I like that idea, actually, and I think I experience this time after time.
  • In my mother tongue I tried myself, and there were some who actually read my posts/columns. (I actually got in trouble once because of that...) Clearly: it can be a good online marketing-act if I want to present myself in English. I'd like some more readers, 
  • I believe that in English I will reconsider everything more than once if I want to post or not. (Because of the potencial readers, because of spelling and grammar, even broaden my vocabulary etc.) This way I will be able to form my image better and maybe people could see a little more of me.
  • I have some issues about the Hungarian education system, and if I let them out in writing, maybe it could make me feel better. And maybe others could see what's actually happening in my beloved homeland - from the angle of my eyes of course.
  • Aaaand... I really want to be a little bit more focused on the topics I'm going to choose. I feel that I need that, so this is a tool for developing myself this way. (And actually I think this is how my posts will be shorter. Which I find quite handy, because I used to write sooo looong posts...)

Do you remember what Carrie Bradshaw wrote as first lines to start her "The New York Star" column? She always wrote shortly about some new experience, and then she "couldn't help but wonder"... That was a cute habit :) I'm going to give it a shot and use these words too, maybe they conclude the current topic better.

See you in a couple of days.

*I really really thought I was going to shut down the former Hungarian "chapter" with the earlier posts but... I just couldn't erase them. I think my past-me deserves the attention too.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése